Doing our part: an update on COVID-19
We do our part to keep pets, people and our society healthy
Dear pet owners,
at AniCura, the health, safety and welfare of our patients, our staff and our community continue to be our top priority in the midst of the COVID 19 pandemic.
Now we are all aware of the central importance of preventing the spread of the virus to more people and we all have a personal responsibility to do our part. We are an indispensable company that plays a crucial role in supporting public health through veterinary care. Therefore, at AniCura, we are taking numerous steps to continue to provide quality and compassionate medical care to pets in need, as long as we can maintain a safe and healthy environment for our employees and everyone who comes to us.
The situation is evolving daily and we are adapting our approach as we learn more about how to respond to the impact of COVID-19.
As we face this challenge together, we would like to share with you the steps we are taking at AniCura in Germany, Austria and Switzerland:
We have taken several steps to protect our clinic staff who are on the front line providing essential services to pets in need during this unprecedented time, including but not limited to:
- Proven measures for personal hygiene, cleaning and disinfection guidelines for surface and equipment disinfection in our clinics and practices as well as the responsible use of personal protective equipment (PPE) have been introduced and continuously expanded in all our veterinary clinics and practices.
- Guidelines for dealing with pet owners have been implemented in all our veterinary clinics and practices to help our teams maintain safe distances and hygiene to the best of their ability.
Pet owners and pets
In addition to the measures we take to protect our staff, we are committed to providing quality care for your pet. That is why we need your help!
- We restrict access to our premises.
Our animal patients are welcome with ONE of their owners. Please wait outside until we invite you into the practice premises. If possible, keep your distance from other pet owners and our staff.
- We are happy to see you, but we will not shake your hand to welcome you.
We will not shake your hand in greeting. Viruses thrive on our hands, so please avoid touching your face.
- Wash your hands thoroughly several times a day. With soap and warm water - both before and after your visit with us.
- Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow or into a paper handkerchief. Do not put it in your hands! Throw the handkerchief away after use.
- We maintain the highest standards of hygiene. Our premises are strictly cleaned and disinfected.
- If you feel ill or unwell, postpone your appointment.
We are here for you, for the pets you love and for the communities we live in and are committed to. We appreciate your patience with us as we navigate this crisis in the best way we know how, putting the welfare of people and pets first.
Many thanks to all of you who have expressed words of encouragement and personal appreciation to our staff and to each other. Your kindness is more important than you may realise to our teams who are working hard to be there for you and your pets during this difficult time.
Country Manager DACH
AniCura Germany Holding GmbH